Sunday, December 11, 2011

Putz('n) on the Glitz

I couple of weeks ago I was perusing Pinterest and came across this image.

                                                Source: allyscrapsblog.blogspot.com via Jean on Pinterest


Be still by heart! Are you kidding me? It's everything I love!
A glittery antique looking gem of a Putz inspired house with over-the-top whimsical humor.
I HAD to make one of these!

I popped over to the website Ally Scrap, the blog to check out the "how to" instructions.
Ok, it looked easy enough, so I went for it. After all, it's just paper, paste, glitter and some
sparkly embellishments, right?

I pulled out my craft drawer, took a mental inventory of what I had on hand, and then rushed to the craft store to buy wooden bird houses (yes, I cheated and used paper to cover small bird houses), some little plastic deer, and a variety pack of bottle brush trees.


First off, I soaked the bottle brush trees in a bowl of bleach to strip the dark green color.
The result of the bleaching gave me a variety of different colors for my forest of trees.
Then, I spent the next couple of hours cutting, glueing, trimming, and glittering.






This is a lot bigger than I first intended to make it, but I will store the bottle brush trees in the base
(a shoe box).


I made a second little house that I will display in the living room.





So, although these aren't exactly Putz houses, I think they're fun and
funny little additions to my holiday home.

Crafty?? I'd love to see what you've made for this season.
I'll be linking up to these terrific parties this week.
Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground

Hope to see you around.

Cheers!

Barb



10 comments:

  1. Wow that must have taken a lot of time and patience. You've done an incredible job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a wonderful job! You will enjoy them for years to come! Thank you for sharing! I made lots of bottle brush trees this year to enjoy & sell. You can check out mine on my blog...that is what I've been making!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - you did an amazing job! You must love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how simply fabulous is this!!!!!! thanks so much for sharing...this turned out AMAZING!!! hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barb how beautiful. Truly a labor of love!!

    Please some and enter the latest of My 12 Days of Holiday Giveaways! You will love the unique gifts!

    Xoxo
    Karena

    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! You did a fabulous job. I love the deer and the little snowman on the first one. The second one is my favorite though. The colors and the tinsel is so pretty but the fact that you surrounded it with white bottle brush trees is fabulous. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You are a Christmas crafting genius! So glad I found your project via Centsational Girl.

    Please stop by for a visit to my blog. I am currently in the midst of a Gifts to Make series.

    Be Merry and Bright!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is so creative!! i really love the 2nd house.:)

    parenting articles

    ReplyDelete
  9. How beautiful! Very well done! Have a wonderful day, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Um....GENIUS! I never thought of covering bird houses. I am DOING THIS! I love those old fashioned houses too. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

How about some comment love! i read them all, Barb