Thursday, January 6, 2011

2011 Welcoming

Sure hope everyone is enjoying the new year! This is my first post of the year and I am inviting you into my Florida home. We purchased this home a little over a year ago and although we don't live here full time, it is our hope that we will one day soon.

This house was bank owned when be bought it and was sitting on the market for over a year. Prior to that it was lived in for only about a year, so it is essentially new. It was originally built as an investment property. The builders kept everything pretty basic and neutral, no " bells and whistles". We've made a few cosmetic upgrades to the house already and have grand ideas for future projects. There is no timeline for any project. We'll work as time and budget allow and, hopefully, one day it will be the home of our dreams. ( Really, it already is. I never imagined we'd own a home on a lake and just a mile inland of Tampa Bay).

These pictures are from last year. When I took them I had no idea that I'd be sharing them with anyone. This post will show the entry and living room. Photos of the rest of the house and completed projects will follow in future posts. As you know, it can take many years to turn a house into a home. Really, I'm only beginning to "know" this house. So, come in, and follow me as I make this house our home.

Painted the entry and living room. The walls used to be "builders beige".



Plan to lay hardwood floors in the living room and dining room.




The sofa and chair are seventeen years old but have been recently reupholstered.






I hit the jackpot when I found the coffee table. I saw it in a furniture showroom last year for $1100, but I snagged it from a consignment store for $200! Score!







Hope you enjoy the house tour and come back to see more.

Happy New Year!

Barb

4 comments:

  1. You have a lovely space. I really like the chest of drawers and the pop of colour from the sofa pillows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there~ This is such a pretty space! I love all the elements you have combined in here- and loving that rustic chest of drawers. Thanks for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello - nice to meet you! You have some lovely spaces and beautiful decor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! I lived in Orlando for about 12 years and some of the "old costal Florida style" I was never a huge fan of...but your take is fresh and comtemporary! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

How about some comment love! i read them all, Barb